Creamy Potato Soup is the perfect soup to make you comfortable and relaxed. It is super easy to make so whenever you have tons of leftover potatoes that you don’t know how to use, I recommend this creamy potato soup!
This creamy potato soup is a great comfort food that you can make at home easily! Also, the great thing about this is you can get the ingredients at your local grocery stores!
What is Creamy Potato Soup
In Japan, corn pottage (コーンポタージュ) is a popular soup. You can buy it from vending machines or convenience stores. Potato soup is a potato version of corn pottage. This is not a common soup that you can buy at vending machines or convenience stores usually. This is more like a home cooked meal type soup. My friend’s mom used to share potato soup with our family in the winter. It is an amazing soup that both kids and adult love! Creamy, comfort soup that you can make at home!
Ingredients for Creamy Potato Soup
- russet potato
- large onion
- unsalted butter
- whole milk
Similar Recipes to Creamy Potato Soup on Oishi Book
- Wonton Soup using Leftover Gyoza Wrappers
- Classic Japanese Miso Soup Recipe ( 味噌汁 – Misoshiru )
- Kabocha Soup ( かぼちゃスープ – Japanese Creamy Squash Soup )
Creamy Potato Soup
- 1 russet potato 1 is about about 170-220 g (Change depending on how many Serving you set)
- 1/2 large onion 1/2 is about about 115-135 g (Change depending on how many Serving you set)
- 10 g unsalted butter
- 300 ml water
- 200 ml whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the onion thinly.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 0.5 inch pieces (1.27cm) or smaller. In a small microwave safe bowl, add the potatoes and cover with cling wrap. Microwave for 3 minutes. Remove the cling wrap, and mash them as much as possible.
- Use a medium pot and turn the heat to medium. Add the butter and the onion to the pot. Cook until the onion gets softer and clear in color.
- Add water, bouillon, salt, and the mashed potatoes to the pot. Cook with medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add milk to the pot.
- Use a blender and blend until everything gets smooth.
- Add black pepper to the soup.
- Move the soup to a deep bowl. Add some parsley to finish!