Tori Kinoko Takikomi Gohan is an easy dish that just involves putting all the ingredients into your rice cooker. Umami flavor is created while cooking and it comforts your hungry stomach!
Tori Kinoko Takikomi Gohan makes you feel comfort. The great thing about this dish is you can put all the ingredients into a rice cooker and just wait until it’s done. When you want an easy and flavorful dish, this is a great option!
What is Tori Kinoko Takikomi Gohan
It is mixed rice made by cooking some ingredients together with rice. And Tori Kinoko Takikomi Gohan is just one of many kinds of Takikomi Gohan. Tori means chicken, Kinoko means mushroom. Takikomi Gohan means cooked rice.
Q&A : Is It Necessary to Have a Rice Cooker to Make Takikomi Gohan?
Yes, I recommend you have rice cooker for making Takikomi Gohan because you can just put all the ingredients in without worrying about anything and just wait until the rice is done. There is another way to make Takikomi Gohan using a pot but in this recipe, I use a rice cooker.
Ingredients for Tori Kinoko Takikomi Gohan
- uncooked rice
- chicken thigh
- shimeji mushrooms
- soy sauce
- dashi powder
Similar Recipes to Tori Kinoko Takikomi Gohan on Oishi Book
- Pork Kimchi Fried Rice (豚キムチチャーハン)
- Garlic Pepper Rice (ガーリックペッパーライス)
- Sake Takikomi Gohan (Japanese Mixed Rice with Salmon)
Tori Kinoko Takikomi Gohan
- 2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 ½ cup water
- 100 g boneless chicken thigh
- 80 g shimeji mushrooms
- 50 g carrot
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sake
- 2 teaspoon dashi powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Wash shimeji mushrooms and discard the bottoms of the shimeji mushrooms. If the mushrooms are too large, cut them into the size you prefer.
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces (about 1inch). Try to trim excess fat as much as possible.
- Cut Aburaage into thin slices.
- Cut carrot into 1 inch long and thin sliced pieces.
- Wash rice and move to a rice cooker. Add water, soy sauce, sake, dashi powder, and salt. Then add the chicken, aburaage, shimeji mushrooms, and carrot on top.
- Close the rice cooker and start cooking.
- After done cooking, open the rice cooker and mix everything. Serve to a bowl and add your favorite toppings such as green onion!