Pork Kimchi fried rice is super delicious! The best part is it is so easy to cook. Stir fry the Kimchi and rice and then add delicious pork to add more flavor.
My Pork Kimchi fried rice
Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap, 김치 볶음밥) is a type of Korean fried rice. It is absolutely delicious and gives you so much joy! I love Kimchi in general but I usually don’t enjoy very spicy foods. Kimchi fried rice that I cook is Japanized so it is milder and I even add pork to it 🙂
The #1 tip for making the best Pork Kimchi fried rice
What rice you use is very important for making perfect fried rice. Warm and freshly cooked rice is always tasty but not really the best option for fried rice. That’s because freshly cooked rice is soft and has a lot of moisture. If you use it for fried rice it becomes clumpy and sticky.
So the easiest way to make the best rice for fried rice is by adding 1 cup less water when cooking it. For example, if you make 2 cups of rice, add 1 cup of water. You will think the cooked rice looks hard but that is the best for fried rice!
CHECK We have Instagram and Pinterest too. Please stay connected and let us know how you are satisfied with our recipe!
Pork Kimchi Fried Rice
- 350 g cooked rice 1 cup rice and 0.7 cups water is the perfect ratio for fried rice.
- 150 g thinly sliced pork belly Any meat is fine but I recommend pork belly to use!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 large onion
- 1 scallion (green onion)
- 1 clove garlic or 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 100 g kimchi
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp gochujang My favorite gochujang is here
- 2 eggs If you want egg on top of the pork kimchi fried rice.
- Let's make rice first. *1
Let's make pork kimchi fried rice
- Slice the pork thinly if it's necessary.
- Chop the kimchi into 0.8 inch long pieces.
- Mince the onion and green onion.
- Mince the garlic. I normally use minced garlic.
- Use a medium-sized pan and turn the heat to medium. Add vegetable oil, and add cut onion, green onion, garlic, and sake. Cook until the onion turns clear and soft.
- Add the pork to the pan and cook through.
- Add sugar and stir for 1 minute, then add kimchi and stir.
- Add gochujang. After stirring roughly, add cooked rice. Mix everything well.
- To finish, add sesame oil and stir again!
- I personally recommend you make a fried egg and put it on top!
Leave a Reply