Pork Kimchi Fried rice is super delicious! The best part is it is so easy to cook. Stir fry the Kimchi and rice and then add delicious pork to add more flavor.
Whenever I have Kimchi and thinly sliced pork at home, I want to make Kimchi fried rice. Super quick and easy, so it is good for college meals or lunch for busy days.
Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap, 김치 볶음밥) is a type of Korean fried rice. It is absolutely delicious and gives you so much joy! I love Kimchi in general but I usually don’t enjoy very spicy foods. Kimchi fried rice that I cook is much milder than the original ones and I even add pork to it 🙂
The #1 Tip for Making The Best Pork Kimchi Fried Rice
What rice you use is very important for making perfect fried rice. Warm and freshly cooked rice is always tasty but not really the best option for fried rice. That’s because freshly cooked rice is soft and has a lot of moisture. If you use it for fried rice it becomes clumpy and sticky.
So the easiest way to make the best rice for fried rice is by adding 1 cup less water when cooking it. For example, if you make 1 cup of rice, add 0.7 cup of water. You will think the cooked rice looks hard but that is the best for fried rice!
Ingredients for Kimchi Fried Rice
Here are the ingredients for Kimchi fried rice!
- cooked rice
- thinly sliced pork
- vegetable oil
- large onion
- green onion
- minced garlic
Similar Recipes to Kimchi Fried Rice on Oishi Book
- Garlic Pepper Rice (ガーリックペッパーライス)
- Sake Takikomi Gohan (Japanese Mixed Rice with Salmon)
- Best Homemade Fried Rice using Miso (味噌味チャーハン)
Pork Kimchi Fried Rice
- 300 g cooked rice 1 cup rice and 0.7 cups water is the perfect ratio for fried rice. 1 cup with 0.7cup water gives you about 300g cooked rice.
- 150 g thinly sliced pork Any meat is fine but I recommend pork belly!
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 large onion 1/3 is about 75-90 g (Change depending on how many Serving you set)
- 10 g green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic HERE to buy
- 100 g kimchi
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sake HERE to buy
- 1 Tablespoon gochujang My favorite gochujang is here
- eggs If you want egg on top of the pork kimchi fried rice.
- Let's make rice first. *1
Let's make pork kimchi fried rice
- Slice pork thinly if it's necessary.
- Chop kimchi into 0.8 inch long pieces.
- Cut onion into thin slices and green onion into small pieces.
- Use a medium-sized pan and turn the heat to medium. Add vegetable oil, and the cut onion, green onion, garlic, and sake. Cook until the onion turns clear and soft.
- Add the pork to the pan and cook through. Pat oil with a paper towel.
- Add sugar and stir for 1 minute, then add kimchi and stir.
- Add gochujang. After stirring roughly, add the cooked rice. Mix everything well.
- I personally recommend you make a fried egg and put it on top!