Miso and butter salmon is a perfect combination! If you love miso, this is one of the best dishes you can cook with it and it’s perfect with warm rice!
Do you love Miso? Are you looking for other recipes that use miso? Are you looking for salmon recipes? Then, I recommend miso butter salmon! Miso gives the salmon a great umami flavor and butter makes the flavor rich. This uses simple ingredients and is easy to cook. So, if you’re busy but want to eat delicious food, this is a great recipe to try!
What are the ingredients for Miso Butter Salmon?
The ingredients are so simple! The main ingredients are miso, butter, and salmon!
I use dashi miso for this recipe. Dashi miso contains dashi which adds umami (savory) flavor to the dish. Dashi miso can be used in so many Japanese dishes so if you are looking for perfect miso, I recommend using dashi miso!
Ingredients for making Miso Butter Salmon
- freshly ground black pepper
- salted butter
- soy sauce
If you are interested in Mirin, please visit What is Mirin? ( みりん – Japanese Sweet Rice Wine) and about sake, please visit Sake（酒 – Japanese Cooking Sake）!
Similar Recipes to Miso Butter Salmon
Here are some similar recipe ideas that use either miso or salmon!
- Salmon Mayo Don
- Cream Salmon with Spinach
- Best Homemade Fried Rice using Miso
- Tomato and Miso Stewed Hambagu
CHECK Please follow Instagram and Pinterest too. Stay connected and let us know if you are satisfied with our recipes or have any suggestions!
Miso Butter Salmon
- 3 mushrooms 3-5 any of you favorite mushrooms!
- 2 salmon 1 slice salmon is around 100g
- 1/3 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 20 g salted butter
- 1 Tablespoon sake
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon miso
- Cut mushrooms into 1 inch chunks.
- Pat the salmon with a paper towel and add salt and black pepper. (If you use frozen salmon, make sure it's fully defrosted)
- In a medium pan, turn the heat to medium. When the pan gets warm, add butter.
- Add salmon and cook until both sides are brown. (4-5minutes)
- Turn the heat to medium low and add a lid. Cook for another 8 minutes.
- Open the lid and add the mushrooms.
- Add sake, mirin, miso, and soy souse. Turn the heat to medium and bring it to a boil. After boiling, turn the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Let's serve! This is great with cooked rice and miso soup!
I was looking for salmon recipes and my husband brought this one! We’ve been making this over and over. So delicious~!
This recipe is my go-to lunch recipe 🙂 So I am glad that you have cooked again and again!!
Is there any way not to burn?
Thank you for the comment! First of all, Miso is easy to burn. Miso is an amazing ingredient but when you use miso, you have to check not to burn while cooking.
Things that you can do is :
1. When you mix the ingredients (the sauce) in a bowl, please make sure that you mix everything well. If some solid miso in the sauce, it is most likely easy to burn.
2. Please turn the heat to medium after adding miso to a pan. No high heat.
These are things that you can do!
I almost burned the meal… But the taste is just amazing!
sorry about you almost burned the dish! I am so happy you think this recipe is tasty tho 🙂
I saw this on your Instagram. It was super easy to make!
Oh, thank you for keeping up with my IG account! And thank you for trying to give it a shot 🙂
Great for lunch!
Thank you! And I agree with you 🙂