Miso and butter salmon is one of my favorite meals! This is one of the best dishes you can cook with miso and it’s perfect with warm rice and miso soup!
Are you falling in love with Miso? Are you looking for other recipes that use miso? Then, I recommend miso butter salmon! Miso gives the salmon a great umami flavor and butter makes the flavor really rich.
Also, this uses simple ingredients and is easy to cook. So, if you’re busy but want to eat delicious food, this is a great recipe to try!
Miso Butter Salmon
- 5 mushrooms
- 2 salmon
- 1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 20 g salted butter
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso
- Cut mushrooms into 1 inch chunks.
- Pat the salmon with a paper towel and add salt and black pepper. (If you use frozen salmon, make sure it's fully defrosted)
- In a medium pan, turn the heat to medium. When the pan gets warm, add butter.
- Add salmon and cook until both sides are brown. (4-5minutes)
- Turn the heat to medium low and add a lid. Cook for another 8 minutes.
- Open the lid and add the mushrooms.
- Add sake, mirin, miso, and soy souse. Bring it to a boil. After boiling, turn the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.