One of the famous rice bowls at convenience stores in Japan is sake(salmon) mayo. It is so simple but surprisingly tasty.
Have you ever eaten salmon mayo onigiri or do you know of it? Sake(salmon) mayo nigiri is a classic type of rice bowl in Japan and every generation loves it. You only need 2 main ingredients, plus, one ingredient that I recommend you add to get a deeper and more flavorful taste!
How to make salmon bowl for lunch
Sake(salmon) Mayo Don
- 350 g cooked rice HERE is how to make rice
- 150 g salmon
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon Japanese mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon mentsuyu
- scallion (green onion) for topping. If you don't want it, it's ok to skip!
- Let's make rice first! Just follow these steps in this How to cook Japanese Rice using a Rice Cooker? 🙂
- Cut the green onion into small pieces. This is a topping, so if you don't want it, you can skip this!
- I usually use an oven for cooking salmon. Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a baking pan, put parchment paper and salmon on top. Bake the salmon for 20 minutes.*If you prefer using a frying pan, you can also cook it that way!
- After you cook the salmon, move it to a bowl and break it into small flakes. Add Japanese mayonnaise and mentsuyu and mix everything together.
- In a bowl, add rice first, then add the seasoned salmon on top. If you prefer, add cut green onion as a topping!
- Let's eat! This is great for lunch or whenever you feel hungry and want to cook quick food!