Avocado Wasabi Spaghetti is an amazing lunch dish! Wasabi and avocado match perfectly and you want to eat a lot more. If you are looking for an unique and delicious recipe, this is a great pick!
Have you imagined that avocado and wasabi are a great combination and especially with spaghetti, they are just amazing. It is well known that wasabi’s flavor has a touch of quickly fading heat and you may have seen it used for sushi. I used to dislike wasabi flavor but nowadays I love to use wasabi for sushi. But, you can use wasabi for other recipes like the one I am introducing today!
What is Wasabi
Wasabi is an essential part of everyday Japanese dishes, such as in sushi, sashimi, and soba noodles. It has a sharp spiciness and refreshing flavor. The flavor is like a touch of quickly fading heat. Wasabi has a bactericidal effect, eliminates raw odors, and enhances the flavor of ingredients, so it is effective to pair it with raw foods.
You can find it at any grocery store in the US I believe. If you can’t find it at your local grocery store, try to go to an Asian grocery store or go on Amazon!
Ingredients for Avocado Wasabi Spaghetti
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- soy sauce
- dashi powder
- pasta water
- dry seaweed
- white sesame seeds
Similar Recipes to Avocado Wasabi Spaghetti on Oishi Book
- Easy Ketchup Spaghetti (Napolitan – ナポリタン)
- Butter Soy Sauce Tuna Spaghetti (バター醤油ツナパスタ)
- Meat Sauce Pasta (ミートソースパスタ : Spaghetti with Meat Sauce)
Avocado Wasabi Spaghetti
topping option (if you want)
- dry seaweed
- white sesame seeds HERE to buy
- Make spaghetti. Before tossing water, keep 2 Tbsp.
- Cut avocado into small chunks.
- In a small bowl, add wasabi, soy sauce, dashi powder, and pasta water. Mix everything well. This is the sauce.
- In a pan, add olive oil and minced garlic. Turn the heat to medium low heat and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir quickly.
- Add the spaghetti and cut avocado to the pan. Stir everything.
- Serve with a plate and add some dry seaweed on top!