Butter soy sauce tuna spaghetti is a super easy lunch dish that I absolutely love to cook! Butter and soy sauce are always a perfect combination and tuna and pasta is a great one too!
What is Butter Soy Sauce Tuna Spaghetti
It is my favorite lunch dish, although, this is not a classic Japanese recipe. Tuna is a popular and loved food in Japan and most household have canned tuna stocked. So if you are hungry, you are ready to cook with ingredients that you already have at home!
Which Canned Tuna Should I Use?
I used to get canned tuna called ‘sea chicken’. It is a brand of canned tuna in Japan, and because it is such a well known brand for canned tuna, lots of people in Japan call canned tuna sea chicken. When I came to the states, I wasn’t sure which one would have the taste I used to love in Japan. Personally, I recommend you use Albacore in oil to make Japanese dishes!
Tips to Make Tasty Butter Soy Sauce Tuna Spaghetti
- use Albacore in oil canned tuna
- cook garlic with a small amount of vegetable oil until it gets a deeper smell and slightly browns
- keep the pasta water to make the pasta sauce
Ingredients for Making Butter Soy Sauce Tuna Spaghetti
Here are the ingredients for making Butter Soy Sauce Tuna Spaghetti!
- canned tuna
- vegetable oil
- minced garlic
- unsalted butter
- soy sauce
- torigara soup base
- large onion
- pasta water
Similar Recipes to Potato Salad on Oishi Book
- Wafu Kinoko Pasta with soy sauce and butter
- Meat Sauce Pasta (ミートソースパスタ)
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta (かぼちゃのクリームパスタ)
- Tarako pasta with butter & soy sauce (たらこパスタ)
Butter Soy Sauce Tuna Spaghetti
- 200 g spaghetti
- 1 canned tuna I used Solid White Albacore Tuna in Oil. I feel like this one is closer to the canned tuna that you can find in Japan.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic HERE to buy
- 10 g unsalted butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoon soy sauce HERE to buy
- ½ teaspoon torigara soup base HERE to buy
- 1/3 large onion About 75-90g
- 50 ml pasta water After making pasta, save the pasta water.
- green onion
Let's make spaghetti!
- Make spaghetti first. In a deep pot with boiling water, add 1 teaspoon salt. Then add the spaghetti and cook for 8 minutes. .
- Save 50ml pasta water and drain spaghetti.
- Open the canned tuna and remove the oil in the can using a mesh strainer.
Let's cook sauce!
- Cut onion into thin slices.
- Open the canned tuna and drain the water well using a fine mesh strainer.
- In a medium pan, add vegetable oil and garlic. Turn the heat to medium and cook the garlic until the garlic is slightly brown.
- Add the onion into the pan and mix quickly then add butter. Cook until the onion gets softer and the clear in color.
- Add tuna, soy sauce, torigara soup base, and pasta water. Cook until the water is low.
- In a plate or deep bowl, add the spaghetti and top with the sauce you just made! Add some green onion as topping!