Tarako pasta is one of my favorite foods that I want to recommend to everyone. This is not a classic recipe in Japan, but this is seriously the easiest and tastiest food!
If you go to Asian grocery stores, you have probably seen small, red packages in the refrigerated seafood section. These are Tarako, a type of salted cod roe. In Japan, Tarako is a common and very popular food. Some households eat just Tarako with rice and miso soup in the morning because it’s a very quick and tasty breakfast option.
In this recipe, I introduce Tarako pasta with butter soy sauce! If you want to try a Japanese inspired pasta dish, this is the best recipe for you to try 🙂
CHECK Please follow Instagram and Pinterest too. Stay connected and let us know if you are satisfied with our recipes or have any suggestions!
- 200 g spaghetti
- 80 g Tarako
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 80 ml whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Japanese mayonnaise (here to buy)
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar
- cut seaweed (If you want)
- scallion (green onion) (If you want)
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Cook the spaghetti.
- While cooking spaghetti, prepare a small bowl. In the bowl, add Tarako, whole milk, sugar, soy sauce, and Japanese mayonnaise. Mix them well. This is our Tarako sauce.
- After the spaghetti is done, prepare another medium size bowl and add butter.
- Then add just the spaghetti into the bowl while it's still warm so that the butter will melt. Mix well until the butter is fully melted.
- Add the Tarako sauce in the bowl and make sure the noodles are well coated with the sauce.
- Let's serve! If you want, you can add seaweed or scallion (green onion) or both on top of the Tarako spaghetti 🙂
Leave a Reply