Meat Sauce Pasta is a beloved Kissa-ten dish! Because of how easy and beloved it is, this is also a classic lunch or dinner meal at home. Most parents have their own Meat Sauce Pasta recipe.
Meat Sauce Pasta used to be my mom’s go-to lunch. It is a classic Japanese meal and you can find it at most Japanese style cafés, known as Kissa-ten. But, there are many people who want to point out that meat sauce is actually a type of bolognese.
What is Meat Sauce Pasta
Meat sauce pasta is a popular recipe especially for children and is a staple of Japanese Western food. It is known for being a popular dish in Japanese cafés, Kissa-ten. Meat sauce pasta is a proud Japanese recipe!
Meat sauce pasta uses spaghetti. It also uses meat and some vegetables simmered with a tomato based sauce. Some recipes use red wine, ketchup, sugar, or salt to suit the taste of Japanese people.
The difference between Meat Sauce Pasta and Bolognese
I know there are so many people who want to point out this Meat Sauce Pasta is Bolognese!
There are some differences in seasoning but the big difference between Meat sauce pasta and Bolognese is the noodles they use. Bologna, the home of Bologna, it is said that ‘If it is not tagliatelle (flat noodles) it is not Bolognese!’. Meanwhile, meat sauce pasta uses spaghetti.
Ingredients for making Meat Sauce
There are so many meat sauce pasta recipes. Some households only need a couple of ingredients whereas others use tons of ingredients. My meat sauce pasta is something you can make from the fridge. So you don’t need to stress out when grocery shopping!
- ground pork
- large onion
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- tomato juice
How to make Meat Sauce
CHECK Please follow Instagram and Pinterest to get the latest recipes! DM or comment me on Instagram if you have any questions or feedback!
Meat Sauce Pasta
- 200 g spaghetti
- 150 g Ground pork
- 1/2 large onion about 115-135g
- 1 carrot about 140g
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 200 ml tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cut carrot and onion into small pieces
- In a pan, turn the heat to medium low and add olive oil, garlic, and the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, ground pork, salt, and black pepper and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add tomato juice, bouillon, ketchup, and sugar to the pan and turn the heat to medium. Bring it to boil once.
- After boiling, turn the heat to low and cook for 10-15 minutes until the sauce gets thick and no more water. Stir occasionally. Turn off after 10-15 minutes. This is the meat sauce!
- Meanwhile, make spaghetti.
- In a plate, add meat sauce on top of spaghetti!
Leave a Reply