Kabocha is a type of squash, and it is known as Japanese pumpkin. Kabocha is perfect for roasting, stuffing, pureeing, and dessert! It is also great for making little side dish.
Potato salad is so famous in Japan. I love potato salad and there are so many people in the world fell in love with it too! So today I am going to introduce autumn version of potato salad, Kabocha salad. This is creamy and you can absolutely feel fall.
More about Kabocha, please visit All you need to know about Kabocha Squash!
How to make pumpkin salad
CHECK Instagram and Pinterest! Please stay connected and let us know if you are satisfied with our recipes or have any suggestions!
- 300 g Kabocha
- 80 g onion
- 2 egg
- cucumber I added 1/4 (It was about 40g), but you can add as much as you want.
- 4 Tablespoon Japanese mayonnaise HERE to buy!
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 5 g salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon torigara soup base HERE to buy! If you don't have torigara soup base, you can substitute Bouillon!
- 10 g cream cheese If you want it creamier, add cream cheese! Even If you don't have it, it's still good 🙂
- 1/4 freshly ground black pepper
- Make boiled eggs. In a boiling water, add the eggs and cook for 9 minutes. After the 9 minutes, take off the eggs from the pot and peel them.
- Slice the onion and microwave for 1 minutes with a microwave safe bowl.
- Slice the cucumber thinly.
- Cut the Kabocha in half in order to remove the seeds first. Then, cut the kabocha into 2 inches (about 5cm) chunks. It is so hard to cut so please be careful not to cut your self!
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the cut kabocha and cover with cling wrap. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take out the bowl from the microwave and make kabocha small pieces using spoon or fork.If you prefer to make the kabocha skin smaller, use a blender.
- Add the microwaved cut onion, thinly sliced cucumber, and boiled eggs in the bowl and mix them.
- In the mixture bowl, add all the seasoning ingredients (Japanese mayonnaise, rice vinegar, salted butter, salt, torigara soup base, cream cheese, and black pepper).
- It's done! This is super easy and great for fall side dish!
Leave a Reply