This is an easy and tasty salmon dish cooked in a cream sauce with spinach and mushrooms. This method makes the salmon flaky and rich with tons of umami flavor!
Cream Salmon with Spinach
- 200 g salmon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 50 g spinach
- 50 g shimeji mushrooms
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 150 ml whole milk
- 2 tsp bouillon
- 5 g butter
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Salmon : Please pat the salmon with paper towel in order to remove extra water.
- Spinach : Wash the spinach and cut the spinach so it's about 2 inches long.
- Shimeji mushrooms : Cut the shimeji into bite size peices.
- In a medium pan, add olive oil and salmon. Saute the salmon until both sides are no longer pink and appear cooked.
- Add all-purpose-flour, whole milk, bouillon, and butter to the pan. Stir until the all purpose flour is completely dissolved.
- Add cut spinach and shimeji. Cover with a lid and simmer for 8 minutes with low heat.
- Add black pepper to finish. Add salt to taste.
- This is so good with rice! I eat it with rice and the cream salmon served simply on a plate.