Miso-flavored fried rice for your next recipe? Adding miso when you cook fried rice gives you a savoy flavor. This simple and easy dish makes your day! This Miso fried rice can be great for lunch, bento box, or dinner!
Miso is amazing. I use miso as a hidden flavor in my meals all the time. One of my favorite recipes is miso fried rice, and I am going to introduce this easy and tasty recipe today!
Miso is known as one of the healthy ingredients. Miso gives a savory flavor and can be used in so many recipes. Adding even a little miso makes your meal so much better.
Which miso should I use for this recipe?
I use dashi miso for this recipe, so if you can find dashi miso, then that’s great. Dashi miso is great to have. You can use it in so many situations. It contains dashi already so you don’t need a process to make dashi.
For example, if you want to make miso soup so quickly, you can just use this miso and some ingredients such as tofu, seaweed, green onion, or more, and it’s done. You can skip the process of ‘making dashi’, so it reduces the time to cook.
Miso has so many varieties, so you might struggle with which one to choose. You want to use different types of miso in different recipes, but I understand you don’t want to buy a lot of miso and stock it at home and can’t finish. I strongly recommend buying dashi miso or Awase miso. If you choose one of them, you can make a lot of miso recipes without struggling!
Miso is so good to have. You will use miso in other recipes 🙂
Recipes that use Miso
Here are some recipe ideas that use miso!
CHECK Please follow Instagram and Pinterest too. Stay connected and let us know if you are satisfied with our recipes or have any suggestions!
Miso fried rice
- Let's make rice first. HERE is how to cook rice. *1
- In a small or medium bowl, add eggs and beat lightly.
- Chop green onion into 0.5 inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, add miso, mirin, and salt. Mix them up.
- In a small or medium pan, add ground meat and cook until it's completely cooked. After it's cooked, move it into a separate bowl.
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Use a medium size pan, heat it to medium.
- Add sesame oil. When the pan gets warm, add beaten eggs. Quickly swirl around with chopsticks.
- When the egg is half cooked, add cooked rice on top of the egg. Stir well.
- When the egg and rice are mixed well and the egg is cooked, add cooked ground meat and the sauce (miso, mirin, and salt). Stir well.
- Add green onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Let's serve! This is an easy and great lunch meal!
I saved! I am going to make this weekend!
Please try! Let me know how you like it 🙂
It was tasty but the rice was a little bit sticky. Is there any solution?
Thank you for the comment! So there are 2 things that you can do.
1 : when you add rice, please make sure that you add on top of half cooked egg. This way, the eggs cover the rice and reduce the stickiness.
2 : Please cook rice with less water than normal. So normal rice is 1 cup(150g) rice and 200 ml water. So try 1 cup(150g) rice and 180 ml water. About rice, https://oishibook.com/rice/ explains everything:)
I wanted to try something new and I found this. I had dashi miso that I bought for miso soup so that was perfect. So tasty!!
Thank you for the comment! Dashi miso is so useful 🙂
It was absolutely delicious
Thank you! I am happy that you enjoyed 🙂
Ordered dashi miso and I think this is the best miso that I had so far! I am so excited to use it for the recipe
Oh is the miso coming soon to you ?:) I am excited to hear what you think about this recipe!