Tofu Hambagu is made from tofu and some simple ingredients. If you are vegetarian, on a diet, or feeling healthy, this is a really good recipe!
Are you looking for some healthy and tasty food or do you love tofu and are looking for tofu recipes? Well, tofu hambagu is really great! It doesn’t include meat at all, but is tasty and fills you up. I think this is perfect for lunch!
I also have a classic homemade Hambagu recipe! This is highly recommended as well.
[st-card myclass=”” id=”647″ label=”” pc_height=”” name=”” bgcolor=”” color=”” webicon=”” readmore=”off” thumbnail=”on” type=””]
- 1 pack tofu
- 1/4 large onion
- 1 cup panko
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tbsp miso
- 1/2 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- 1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 4 mushrooms
- shimeji mushrooms
- 1 tsp dashi powder
- 200 cc water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp katakuriko or corn starch
- 2 tsp water
Let's cook Hambagu
- Dice the onion finely.
- In a small bowl, add diced onion and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Dice the carrot and finely mince the spinach.
- Open the tofu pack and discard the water. Pat the tofu with a paper towel to get rid of excess water.*1
- In a medium bowl, add tofu, onion, spinach, carrot, panko, egg, miso, mayonnaise, salt, and black pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 or 6 portions.
- Shape the Patties 0.8 inch (2cm) thick .
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and place the patties in the pan. Cook until one side gets brown (about 5 minutes).
- Turn the patties over and cook the other side until it is brown.
- Move the Hambagu to a plate. We will use the pan to make our sauce.
Let's cook sauce
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
- In the pan, add cut mushrooms, dashi powder, 200ml water, soy sauce and mirin. Cook until boiling.
- After boiling, turn the heat to low.
- In a small bowl, add katakuriko (or corn starch) and 2 tsp water. Mix them up until katakuriko is dissolved.
- Add katakuriko in the pan and stir well.
- Add on top of the Hambagu. This sauce adds a really great flavor!