Loco Moco is a classic Hawaiian food. It has warm rice with juicy Hambagu (Japanese Hamburger Steak), fried egg, and some vegetables on the side. It is almost like a Hambagu bowl!
Loco Moco is a Hawaiian food but this is a really famous and popular dish in Japan, especially among the younger generation. Lots of cafes in Japan have Loco Moco on their menu.
This is a great lunch dish!
- 2 cooked Hambagu Here is how to make!
- 1 egg
- 2 leaves cabbage
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 200 ml water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 15 g salted butter
- 1 tbsp meat juices This is optional. It adds more flavor if you add this.
How to make sauce
- In a small or medium pot or pan, add butter. When it's melted, add all-purpose flour and mix.
- Add water gradually while stirring.
- When it gets smooth, add soy sauce, salt, and meat juices(this is optional).
Let's make Loco Moco
- Slice the cabbage thinly. Cut the avocado and tomatoes to a size that you can eat easily.
- Make fried egg.
- Put the cooked rice on a flat plate and the cut vegetables next to the rice.
- Put the Hambagu on top of the rice or if there is any space put it in the middle of the vegetables and rice.
- Put the fried egg on top of the Hambagu and add sauce on top of the fried egg!
- This is a great cafe style lunch!