Do you want to make marinated runny eggs? The recipe is so simple but you seriously can’t stop eating them and it is so dangerous!
This addictive egg got so famous on social media in recent years. In Japan, it’s called 麻薬卵 which means Drug Eggs. This is so dangerously delicious and you can’t stop eating them.
What are Mayak Eggs?
This is a Korean side dish that is known for being quick and easy to make. In recent years, it got really famous in Japan and lots of people tried them and got addicted. In Japan it’s called 麻薬卵. In Korea, 마약계란(Mayak Gyeran). This translates to literally ‘drug eggs’ because of how mouthwatering and delicious they are.
Mayak Eggs are soft-boiled eggs soaked in a marinade of sweet and savory flavors for a half day or a day. It’s flavored with mainly soy sauce and crunchy peppers.
How do you eat Mayak Eggs?
It’s already seasoned good, so you don’t need to add any ingredients as a topping.
You can eat them by itself, but, my suggestion is to make a large bowl of white rice, then add some seaweed on top. Then add this addictive egg. This is a really simple dish but you’d be surprised at how tasty it is.
What are the ingredients?
Important ingredients are:
- Soy sauce
I will add some ingredients in the recipe but the main ingredients are these three. It’s just great you can make Mayak Eggs if you have at least 3 ingredients!
Tips to make the BEST Mayak Eggs
Even though I said it is super easy to make, there are some tips that you should follow! These are some tips you can do while cooking in order to make the best Mayak Eggs!
- Use eggs from fridge
- Cook for 6 minutes after adding to boiling water
- Add boiled eggs to a bowl with ice and cold water (Ice bath)
These are important tips. You wait until the eggs are completely cooled down in the ice bath. Then, when you peel, gently tap and crack the shell all over so that it is easy to peel.
How to make delicious Mayak eggs
CHECK Please follow Instagram and Pinterest to get the latest recipes! DM or comment me on Instagram if you have any questions or feedbackll!
- 4 large eggs
- 30 g onion
- 30 g green onion
- 1 chili pepper
- 4 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic I use minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon white sesame
- Chop onion into small pieces. Cut the green onion into small pieces. Cut chili pepper into pieces around 0.02 inches (0.5cm).I recommend you to cut the chili pepper to a size you can spot and pick out when you eat.
- Marinade : In a container that fits eggs and has a lid or Ziplock, add the onion, green onion, chili pepper, soy sauce, water, sugar, and garlic. Mix everything.
- Add enough water to easily cover eggs in a pot. Bring it to boil.
- When it is boiling, add the eggs to the pot, and boil for exact 6 minutes and 30 seconds.
- A few minutes before the eggs are done, prepare a bowl and add some ice and cold water.
- After 6 minutes and 30 seconds, move the eggs into the bowl for an ice bath. Cool them down.
- After cooling down, gently tap and crack the shell all over and peel.
- Add the boiled eggs into the marinade container (or Ziplock). For best flavor, let it marinate overnight in the fridge. (at least 8 hours)
- It is a great side dish by itself or add it on top of a bowl of cooled rice and add some sesame seeds or seaweed as topping!
Leave a Reply