Japanese Katsu Curry is so juicy and a little bit spicy from the curry. Katsu curry is a combination of katsu, rice, and curry and it gives you so much energy!
Do you know Katsu curry? I think so many people know ‘Katsu’ and ‘Curry’ by themselves but there are not so many people who know that Katsu and Curry together makes the best main dish!
What is Katsu Curry?
Katsu Curry is a dish that has fried pork cutlet, rice, and is topped with curry. Some Japanese restaurants offer Katsu Curry but you can actually make it at home so easily! Katsu curry is also considered a big meal in Japan, so so many male office workers order katsu curry at lunch time in order to get energy for the afternoon!
Easy Japanese Katsu curry ingredients
Katsu curry ingredients are so simple. In this recipe, I introduce the easiest way to make katsu curry. But of course, you can make it your own way.
I will explain in the recipe below!
Katsu Curry Recipe
- Let's make rice before start making curry or Katsu so that you will have the meal once Katsu is made! (Making rice is here)
- Gather all the ingredients
- Mince the onion.
- Use the medium pot and turn the heat to medium. Add oil, minced onion.
- After onion changes color, add water and bring to boiling.
- After boiling the water turn off at once. Add bouillon and the roux. Use chopsticks to help melting it.
- After all the roux has melted, turn the heat to low for 10 minutes. The curry will be thicker and heavier as you cook more.
- Make your pork katsu from "Pork Katsu Recipe". Once you get tips from this recipe, you can make the delicious katsu at home forever!
- Let's serve! Add rice, Katsu, and curry on the same plate!