The best side dish!
- 50 g macaroni
- 1/4 spam I use spam but the classic recipe uses ham. If you prefer ham, you can replace spam with ham.
- 1/4 Persian cucumber
- 1/4 large onion
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the spam and cut into about 0.5-inch sized chunks. (Cutting into any size you prefer is fine!)
- Slice the cucumber and onion thinly.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the sliced onion and cover with cling wrap. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Microwave the macaroni! In a medium sized pot, add water and salt. When it's boiling add the macaroni. Cook until the macaroni is done.
Let's cook Macaroni salad!
- In a medium bowl, add cut spam, sliced cucumber, sliced and microwaved onion, cooked macaroni, vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and Japanese mayonnaise. Mix everything well.
- Add salt and black pepper to finish.
- This is so good as a side dish!
Did you make this recipe?We would like to see what you cook! Tag @oishibook on Instagram hashtag it #oishibook