Melt in your mouth Matcha Nama Choco is a great snack or gift. It is made of white chocolate, heavy whipping cream, and Japanese green tea powder. The flavor is rich and the matcha gives a deep and calm taste. Kids love matcha but this is an amazing sweet for Adults!
My Matcha Nama Choco only needs 3 ingredients!
The other day, I introduced Nama Choco and today I want to share Matcha Nama Choco.
Matcha is green tea. Nowadays, it is a big thing all over the world and there are some restaurants that serve ONLY matcha. I love matcha. I grew up with it and it is something I can’t lose in my life.
Adding Matcha in the Nama Choco adds a slightly bitter taste. Because It goes well with sweets, there are tons of matcha sweets and they are called ‘Wagashi (和菓子)’.
It might be difficult to find matcha powder in your area. But it’s usually sold at Japanese or Asian grocery stores.
Matcha is pricey, but, in my experience, Amazon sells it the cheapest.
How to make Matcha melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate
CHECK We have Instagram and Pinterest too. Please stay connected and let us know if you are satisfied with our recipes or have any suggestions!
Matcha Nama Choco
- I use 6" x 6" (15.24 x 15.24 cm) baking pan. Put parchment paper on the bottom and sides. HERE to buy
- 240 g white chocolate
- 90 ml heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder for mixture. HERE to buy
- 1 Tablespoon matcha powder for coating. Add if you need more.
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces so that it is easy to melt. Use a medium bowl, and add chopped white chocolate.
- In a small pot, add heavy whipping cream and turn the heat to medium. Cook through but don't bring to a boil.
- Add the warm heavy whipping cream to the white chocolate bowl. Use a rubber spatula to gently mix and melt the chocolate completely.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder in the bowl and mix them well.
- Add the mixture to the baking pan. Lightly tap the pan on a flat surface a couple of times to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the chocolate from the baking pan.
- Cut the chocolate around the edges to have corners.
- Cut the Nama Choco into 0.7 inch (1.8 cm) squares.
- Cover with the 1 Tbsp matcha powder!
- Put in the fridge for another 1 hour or more.
- This is great for a little snack, or a gift!
Leave a Reply