Earl Grey Pound Cake is super easy to make! The earl grey smell is so relaxing and good! You can make it for your snack, home party, or as a kid’s snack.
An easy, tasty, and relaxing dessert? Well, earl grey pound cake is the best choice! It is a delicious dessert that combines the rich flavor of Earl Grey tea with the sweet and buttery taste of pound cake. It is made using unsalted butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, milk, Earl Grey tea bags, and some whipped cream for topping.
What is Earl Grey Pound Cake?
Earl Grey Pound Cake is a type of cake that is infused with Earl Grey tea. It is a delicious twist on the classic pound cake recipe. The tea bags are steeped in milk before being added to the batter to give the cake its unique flavor!
Ingredients for making earl grey pound cake
- earl grey loose tea pack
- whole milk
- unsalted butter
- large eggs
- cake flour
- baking powder
- Earl grey loose tea leaves
Most cake flour doesn’t contain a rising agent, so you need to use baking powder or baking soda. And I use less sugar for this recipe but if you want to make a sweeter version, add more sugar.
How to make earl grey pound cake
CHECK Please follow Instagram and Pinterest to get the latest recipes! DM or comment me on Instagram if you have any questions or feedback!
Earl Grey Pound Cake
- 2 bags earl grey loose tea bags
- 100 ml whole milk
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 80 g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 g earl grey loose tea leaves
- Take out butter and eggs from the fridge and leave them out until they are room temperature.
- In a small pot, turn the heat to medium-low and add milk and earl grey loose tea bags. Bring it to boil and when boiling turn the heat to low and cook for 1 minute. Then turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, add cake flour, baking powder, and salt, and sift a couple times.
- Preheat the oven to 340℉ (about 170℃).
- In a medium or large sized bowl, add the butter and sugar. Mix well until the butter becomes whiter in color.
- Then add eggs in the bowl and mix well.
- Add the mixture (cake flour, baking powder, and salt) to the bowl and mix everything well.
- Add the milk and earl grey loose tea in the pot to the bowl. Mix until there is no more powder left.
- In a baking pan, add parchment paper and add the mixture. Tap the baking pan on the counter or a hard surface a few times to remove air.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, stick with a toothpick to check if the cake is completely cooked.
- Remove cake with the parchment paper from the baking pan and let it rest to cool down
- It is great by itself, or add some powdered sugar or whipped cream on top!
Leave a Reply