The Spinach Namul can be added to your daily dinner table! Spinach Namul is good just by itself, bento box, or side dish. One of the best, healthy, tasty, and easy recipes.
I love spinach Namul because it is so easy to make. My recipe that I am going to share takes just 5 minutes. No one hates easy recipes that are actually delicious, right?
What is Namul? ( meaning )
Korean side dishes called Namul(나물) are a widely accepted form of Korean vegetable side dishes. They are usually seasoned with garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and vinegar and sometimes gochujang for spiciness. But today I’m making Namul using Japanese ingredients, so the flavor is more like a Japanese dish.
4 Spinach Namul ingredients
My spinach Namul recipe is so easy and just needs 4 simple ingredients.
- Sesame oil
- White Sesame
- Torigara soup base
Torigara soup base is worth having especially if you make a lot of Japanese or Chinese food. I buy Ajinomoto Torigara Soup Base but you can also go to Asian grocery stores to buy.
How can Spinach Namul be eaten?
Here are some ideas for how you can eat spinach Namul.
- By itself
- Bento box
- Meal prep
- Side dish with sake
- Side dish for dinner
This can be izakaya food. Japanese loves to eat some side dishes while drinking sake or any alcohol, so spinach Namul is good for it!
- 100 g spinach
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon torigara soup base HERE yo buy torigara soup base
- 1 teaspoon white sesame
- Gather all the ingredients and wash the spinach
- Bring water to a rolling boil, then add the washed spinach for 30 seconds.
- Immediately strain and run under cold water for 30-60 seconds to stop the cooking process, then squeeze out excess water.
- Add all the other ingredients (sesame oil, salt, torigara base, and white sesame) in a bowl and mix them up
- Put the spinach into the bowl and mix well
- Serve on a plate.