Aburaage and egg make for a delicious combination! Tamago Kinchaku is the perfect food when you want to use leftover Aburaage!
Do you have leftover Aburaage that you aren’t sure how to use? Aburaage is extremely useful so you can cook a lot of food with it 🙂
Other recipes Using Aburaage
Here are some other recipes that use Aburaage! Use these recipes if you are wondering what to cook using leftover Aburaage!
CHECK Please follow Instagram and Pinterest to get the latest recipes! DM or comment me on Instagram if you have any questions or feedback!
- 4 toothpick
- Let's do Aburanuki (油抜き)*1 first! In a bowl add Aburaage and warm water. Use chopsticks to remove oil of Aburanuki while stirring in the hot water.
- Cut the Aburaage in half so it is is square in shape.
- Open the Aburaage and break an egg into the opening. Use a toothpick to close it as well as possible. Do the same for the other half.
- In a pot, add the Aburaage that you just made, water, dashi powder, sugar, sake, mirin, and soy sauce. Turn the heat to medium and bring it to a boil.
- Boil for 8 minutes. Please watch in order not to burn. Move it occasionally while cooking so the eggs will cook evenly.
- After 8 minutes, turn the heat off and move them to a plate! It is an amazing side dish!
David Erickson says
I do not see a measurement for the Dashi Powder.
Sorry! I updated. Thank you for mentioning!