Kitsune don is a great meal for lunch or dinner! If you want to try cheap and easy Japanese donburi, kitsune don is a perfect recipe that you can enjoy!
Do you know Kitsune Don? Kitsune don is a classic Japanese food but most Japanese people don’t have it very often and some have even never eaten it before. I have had it a few times in my life. It is extremely tasty, easy, and cheap to make, but it is easy to forgot this great recipe exists!
What is Kitsune-Don
Kitsune Udon is more famous and known by so many people! But how about Kitsune don? Kitsune don’s main ingredient is Aburaage, which is a deep-fried tofu pouch. It is so tasty and an important ingredient in Japanese cooking. It is quite difficult to find in the US but is available if you go to Japanese grocery stores.
What are The Ingredients for Kitsune-Don
The most important ingredient is Aburaage. Without Aburaage, this isn’t called Kitsune don! Here are the ingredients you will use!
- green onion
- cooked rice
- soy sauce
- dashi powder
Aburaage is difficult to find at local grocery stores but if you go to Asian grocery stores or Japanese grocery stores, you can find it in the fridge area. Regardless of how difficult it is to find, trust me, it is a great ingredient anyone should try to eat!
Similar Recipes to Kitsune Don on Oishi Book
Here are other recipes you might like:)
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon dashi powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 Aburaage
- 2 egg
- 1 green onion
- Let's cook rice first! HERE is how to make!
- Cut the Aburaage in half lengthwise direction. Then cut into thin pieces.
- Cut the green onion into 1 inch (2.54cm) long pieces.
- In a bowl, add eggs and beat them.
- In a pot, add soy sauce, mirin, dashi powder, and water. Turn the heat to medium and bring it to boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat to medium low and add the green onion and Aburaage into the pot. Then on top of that, add the beaten eggs into the pot. Then cover with a lid for 2 minutes.
- Keep covering with a lid and turn the heat off. Leave it for another 2 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl and add cooked rice. Then add the cooked ingredients on top of the cooked rice!