Naan is the best combination with Butter chicken curry! This is the naan recipe you can make so easily at home!
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 g unsalted butter
- 150 ml warm water about 80F° (26c°)
- unsalted butter for finishing
- all purpose flour for dusting
To make dough
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Add butter in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds to melt.
- Use a medium or large bowl and add flour. Flatten the flour and Indent the middle.
- Add sugar and dry yeast into the indent. Add melted butter and salt on the side outside of the indent so they are separate from sugar and dry yeast.
- Add warm water into the indent with the sugar and dry yeast.
- Mix by folding everything until you can lift up the dough.
- Tap the dough in the bowl for 5 minutes. It's ready if the dough barely sticks in the bowl.
- Roll the dough and put in a medium size clear bag or cover the bowl with cling wrap.
- Keep the dough at room temperature for 30 minutes.
To make naan bread
- Cut the dough into 4 and roll each piece. Add flour for dusting on a cutting board and spread each piece so it is 7-8 inches (17-20cm) long and 0.2 inches (0.7cm) thick.
- Use a medium or large pan and cook two pieces at a time. Cook on high heat for 30 seconds. Then turn to medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add some butter while it's warm!