Shoyu Ramen is the king at ramen shops! It is extremally tasty and loved by not only Japanese but also people all over the world. If you miss Japanese Shoyu Ramen, please try to make it by yourself!
Everyone loves Shoyu Ramen and it is so good. In the cold winter, Shoyu Ramen makes you so warm and cozy while in the hot summer, it gives you energy! Did you know you can make it so easily at home?
What is Shoyu Ramen
Shoyu ramen is a type of ramen that originated in Japan and some people call Chu-ka Soba. In 1910 (Meiji 43), it is said that the first Shoyu Ramen in Japan was served at Rairaiken(來々軒) in Asakusa. But first, it was served as ‘Tokyo Ramen’, and Tokyo Ramen is still a popular term for it on menus.
Shoyu Ramen is the most beloved ramen in all of Japan, therefore, the taste is totally dependent on local or ramen shops preferences. If you compared Shoyu Ramen all over Japan, you would find many unique differences in each.
Ingredients for making Shoyu Ramen
Here are the Shoyu Ramen ingredients!
- Chinese noodles
- soy sauce
- torigara soup base
- dashi powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- sesame oil
This is the all you need 🙂
Recommended Instant Shoyu Ramen
Here are some Instant Shoyu Ramen you can try!
Again, you can make it so easily at home!
Shoyu Ramen Toppings
For Shoyu Ramen, I recommend Chashu, Nitamago, Menma or green onion. I think adding Chashu is amazing for Shoyu Ramen but it takes time to make Chashu so if you want Shoyu Ramen quickly, just green onion and Nitamago are great!
Similar Recipes to Shoyu Ramen on Oishi Book
- Shio Ramen (塩ラーメン – Salt Ramen)
- Tantanmen (担々麺)
- Tantan Japanese Cold Somen Noodles(冷やし坦々そうめん)
- Yakisoba with Homemade Sauce
- 1 bundle ramen noodles HERE to buy
- water for making noodles
Ingredients for soup
- Make the noodles first! This step is depends on which noodles you use. I use this type. I boiled 1000ml water (or enough water to cover the noodles), added the 1 person noodles and cooked for 4 minutes. Drain water.
Let's cook Shoyu ramen soup!
- In a pot, add water, soy sauce, torigara soup base, dashi powder, ginger, and black pepper.
- After boiling, add sesame oil to finish. Stir once and turn the heat off.
Let's make shoyu ramen!
- In a deep bowl, add the noodles then soup. Add your choice of topping!