Demi-glace sauce on top of the Omurice is just amazing. In Japan, there are lots of restaurants that offer Omurice with demi-glace sauce and it is one of my favorites! Best of all, you can make it at home.
I shared Hayashi Rice (Hashed beef stew) in another recipe, and it was really popular. Today, I am going to refer to my Hayashi rice recipe as a starting point for making Omurice with Demi-glace Sauce.
How to make Fluffy Omurice with Demi-glace Sauce
CHECK We have Instagram and Pinterest too. Please stay connected and let us know how you are satisfied with our recipe!
Omurice with demi-glace sauce
1. Stew - HERE is how to cook stew
2. Fried rice *please double if you cook for 2 people.
- 175 g cooked rice HERE is how to make rice
- 20 g peas
- 20 g corn
- 20 g carrot
- 10 g butter
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon milk
- 10 g butter
Stew (While the rice is cooking)
- Let's make stew! HERE is how to make stew
- Let's make the rice first. How to make rice is HERE.
Fried rice *1
- Dice the carrot into small pieces.
- In a medium pan, add butter. When butter is melted, add cut carrot, peas, and corn.
- Add rice, salt, and black pepper into the pan and stir everything well.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, milk, sugar, and black pepper. Mix everything well.
- In a medium pan, turn the heat to medium and add 1/2 the butter.
- Add 1/2 of the beaten eggs. Make scrambled eggs. Do not cook too much.
- Once you make scrambled eggs, add them to the egg mixture bowl.
- Add the mixture to the pan and cook. This time, you won't stir. You just want to cook the bottom.
- After the bottom is cooked, turn the heat off.
- On a medium or large plate, add fried rice first, then add fluffy egg on top of the rice. Then add the stew to finish.
Leave a Reply